Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Christ of Mormonism

'WELCOME' by Del Parson
http://www.delparson.com/
Who is Jesus Christ?
He is the Son of God, the Only Begotten in the flesh.  He dwelt with God before the world was made, and was chosen then to be the Christ of all mankind:
Abraham 3:27
27. And the Lord said:  Whom shall I send?  And one answered like unto the Son of Man:  Here am I, send me.  And another answered and said:  Here am I, send me.  And the Lord said:  I will send the first.
He created the earth:
John 1:3
3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
In the Old Testament he was known as Jehovah, the great I AM.  The people of the New Testament knew him as the Christ, the Redeemer and Messiah.  During the Meridian of time he came to earth and "went about doing good." (Acts 10:38.)  In the last days of his life he atoned for all men in Gethsemane, and soon after died at Golgotha (also known as Calvary) on the cross:
Alma 7:11-12
11. And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
12. And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.
After three days he was resurrected from the tomb:
1 Corinthians 15:20
But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
He implemented the sacrament among his followers for them to always remember his sacrifice for them.  In the latter-days, early nineteenth century, he returned to earth to restore his church:
Joseph Smith-History 1:17-19
17. ...When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air.  One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other - This is My Beloved Son.  Hear Him!
18. My object in going to inquire of the Lord was to know which of all the sects was right, that I might know which to join...
19. I was answered that I must join none of them...
His church was restored - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - "built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;" (Ephesians 2:20).

One future day he will return to the earth yet again, this time the King of Kings, in all his glory, as the Son of God.




More on Mormonism - http://mormontopics.org/eng/christ
See also 'The Living Christ' - http://jesuschrist.lds.org/
Any Questions? - http://mormon.org/chat

No comments:

Post a Comment