|Mormonism Jokes: Enos | Arie Van De Graaff|
1. Behold, it came to pass that I, Enos, knowing my father that he was a just man - for he taught me in his language, and also in the nurture and admonition of the Lord - and blessed be the name of my God for it-
2. And I will tell you of the wrestle which I had before God, before I received a remission of my sins.
3. Behold, I went to hunt beasts in the forests; and the words which I had often heard my father speak concerning eternal life, and the joy of the saints, sunk deep into my heart.
4. And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens.
5. And there came a voice unto me, saying: Enos, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed.
6. And I, Enos, knew that God could not lie; wherefore, my guilt was swept away.
7. And I said: Lord, how is it done?
8. And he said unto me: Because of thy faith in Christ, whom thou hast never before heard nor seen. And many years pass away before he shall manifest himself in the flesh; wherefore, go to, thy faith hath made thee whole.
- Enos 1:1-8 -
More on Mormonism: http://mormontopics.org/eng/christ
More from the 'Mormon Cartoonist,' Arie Van De Graaff: http://www.mormoncartoonist.com/
The Full Story of Enos: https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/enos/1?lang=eng
Talk to the Mormon Missionaries: http://mormon.org/chat